In the event of a claim exceeding the bond, this insurance is invaluable.
As with any insurance policy, it is not compulsory to have landlord insurance on your property. However, as property specialists, it’s our expert recommendation that every investment property owner has a specific landlord insurance policy in place for their property. Landlord Insurance protects you in the event of a tenant not paying rent, departing the property early or damaging the property. It also includes public liability and limited cover for contents (e.g. floor coverings, curtains).

While there are plenty of options out there, we suggest choosing very carefully. Many policies provided by the major banks are worthless! Be sure to look at how well a policy can cover unpaid rent, liability claims, damage to contents and extreme weather, and most importantly have a look at the excess conditions.

There are only a handful of specialist landlord insurance providers. The most common insurer across properties managed by North Estate Agents is Terri Scheer. If you would like us to point you in the right direction, feel free to ask.

In summary, the policy will cover the following (for full information, please refer to your policy documents which will be provided to you):

  • Loss of Rent
  • Malicious Damage
  • Accidental Loss or Damage
  • Deliberate Damage
  • Earthquake
  • Representation Costs, Legal Expenses, Liability and Tax Audit
  • Theft, or damage caused by theft
  • Legal Liability $20,000,000.00

Naturally, various excesses apply just like any policy. Please contact for full details or call our office for a brochure to be sent to you.